From the editor

  • Das Steÿn


In September 2008 the Department of Land Affairs again advertised vacancies for Planners. The only requirement for such a post is a three-year degree or diploma in Commerce, Humanities, Agriculture Development Studies, Town Planning or any other relevant qualification. To start with Town Planning, there is no three-year qualification in Urban and Regional Planning and I wonder what the other qualifications have to do with planning. The Urban and Regional Planning profession is in the unbearable position where the new Planning Profession Act (Act 36 of 2002) only talks of Planners but until 2008 the work these planners should do was neither spelt out nor the type of training required. It is often felt as though a family planner will also qualify for the title of planner.


Download data is not yet available.